WHAT WE ADVOCATE AND OUR OBJECTIVES
Families - We believe in families. Those dealing with the ‘fall out’ of child sexual abuse and domestic and family violence need to feel that there is a hope of life after abuse!
- Our Helping Hands Program supports them practically with food parcels and helping with general household duties. Our volunteers help to pull in other organisations that can help to get their needs met throughout their journey.
- Our 'Brave Little Bear's How Can We Protect our Children' workshop is for carers and parents to create a safe environment around the children they care for, creating positive steps rather than parenting with fear.
Community -The Community that surrounds these families are an important part of their recovery. Their understanding on the subject is crucial and the help that the community can give will up-hold families during the initial time of disclosure.
- We also value the community spirit during fundraising events and awareness days. It is our strong belief the more people who are wiling to be a voice to stand up for the voiceless, the better chance we have to move the issue of child sexual abuse out from behind close doors and into the light where we can actively make a difference in our communities
Organisations and Churches - We have all heard that it takes a village to raise a child, but we do not know everyone in the village or if they understand trauma. Organisations and churches are often part of the families village, we have designed workshops to create a safe environment for families. The church has been criticised for a long period of time (some deserved and some not) that they have dropped the ball in this area.
- It is our view, that organisations, such as the church and their leadership stand up and be counted showing the community at large that they clearly value children and take safeguarding them extremely seriously.
- As such we have developed particular programs and procedures designed specifically for organisations, such as the church.
- These programs outlined as our One in 5 workshops and our Safe Ark Zone program enables those whom care for children and their families in any capacity to have specific safeguards and procedures in place, with ongoing support via ATA.
Adults survivors - At The Ark and PTSD Resurrected have joined forces to present 'Reboot Trauma Recovery for All' courses. These are a 3 day intensive course to help towards recovery, build up resilient survivors of any traumatic experience. for more information on these courses click here